[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:27:44 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (Windows/20070221)
A quick update about ECF 'goings on':
1) In response to this bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=176322, completed the
removal of references to org.eclipse.core.runtime plugin (changed over
to using org.eclipse.equinox.common) for all the non-ui ECF plugins.
This means that all those plugins will run on most Equinox
runtimes...i.e. Equinox-based servers, RCP apps, and Eclipse. The
dependencies for ECF are:
a) Extension registry: offered as OSGi service on Equinox runtimes
b) Adapter manager: as of 3.3m6 (this week) offered as OSGi service on
c) Jobs API: available as equinox bundle
d) EE/CDC 1.0, JDK 1.4+
Note that if a, b, c bundles are run on other OSGi server
implementations (e.g. felix) then ECF can/would as well.
2) In response to this bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177014, added history API
to the presence API (in org.eclipse.ecf.presence.im package). If you
can, please review and comment on the API on the bug. I've also added
non-functional implementations for the xmpp, msn, yahoo, and jxta
providers (implementers of presence API). But I would like to get the
APIs reviewed and changed before working on full implementations (for
xmpp first, then others).
3) This friday (23) is platform M6, and so ECF has M6 next Friday (30).
If people have API additions or changes that they want to get into place
please raise their thoughts on this mailing list, and file a
bug/enhancement request to track.
4) The equinox team has started a 'provisioning incubator':
http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/incubator/provisioning/. A nice
thing...Pascal Rapicault has/is using the ECF file transfer API to
implement the prototype work he has done so far, and ECF could be used
for the pluggable transports for the provisioning/install/update story
for the post 3.3 platform.
5) Some small simplifications to the discovery API in
org.eclipse.ecf.discovery to make the API easier to use.
6) Much more test code in test bundles: org.eclipse.ecf.tests.presence,
7) Refactored, simplified, and formatted the applications in
org.eclipse.ecf.example.clients. Also added a trivial IM bot, along
with the xmpp chat room bot.