[ecf-dev] Mylar Information

Title: Mylar Information

Scott

Here is some information on Mylar.  I am using the 1.0 version of Mylar.

The main package that you need to look at is 'org.eclipse.mylar.context.core'.  It contains the methods to obtain basic information about the current task and actions being perform.

I have enclosed a "dummy" sample of the IContextListener.  By implementing this interface you can receive events about what is selected and changed.

I have also enclosed some code that allows you to write some information into the Mylar "Activity.log" and "history.log" for an open task.  In this sample code you might want to look at the information you can get from the ContextManager and the CompositeContext, as they provide information about the current active Mylar task.

The enclosed code is implemented as an OSGi service.  Corona will expand and polish this basic service.  If you find Mylar information you want, then maybe the Corona service could provide it for you.

I am still learning what can be done with Mylar, so if there is something you would like me to look into, let me know.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Jim Wright

<<org.eclipse.corona.mylar.zip>>