Re: [e4-dev] [jdt-dev] Wish to contribute a draft of multiple classpath/scopes per JDT projects

On 03/01/2016 07:50 PM, Brian de Alwis wrote:
The e4 repositories does contain org.eclipse.jdt.core, and Jay had planned to fork org.eclipse.jdt.ui there too [1] to experiment with teasing apart JDT/UI into tooling support and UI components.  If pulling in code with history matters, forking org.eclipse.jdt.ui might be easiest?

I prefer avoiding forks as much as possible: in case this code is usable soon but doesn't make its way into JDT, I'd like other to be able to consume it. Concretely, it it works fine and if it's not in JDT, we'll want to consume it in JBoss Tools for example, and maybe even in m2e. Relying on a fork of the main JDT bundles doesn't seem to be an acceptable option for those potential early adopters.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top