Re: [e4-dev] HIPP for e4?

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So I'd like to break this consensus and ask for a dedicated HIPP for e4, which would be separated from Platform one.
e4 and Platform are currently very different projects.

e4 is the Platform incubator project.  That's where the alignment comes.  e4 builds once a week, plus builds for Gerrit reviews.  Platform doesn't use Hudson for builds (it's a huge task to move it, and no one has undertaken that yet).  So Platform only uses Hudson for Gerrit reviews.  Since e4 is part of the Platform and doesn't consume a huge amount or resources, that's why Platform, JDT, PDE, and e4 are on one HIPP.

Until resource consumption becomes an issue, I don't see why we would go to the extra trouble of having a separate HIPP for e4.

Later,
Paul

--
Paul Webster