Re: [e4-dev] HIPP for e4?

On 01/23/2015 04:37 PM, Lars Vogel wrote:

This was suggested in the past and the general consensus was that we should use the platform HIPP as long as we see no resource issues.

So I'd like to break this consensus and ask for a dedicated HIPP for e4, which would be separated from Platform one.
e4 and Platform are currently very different projects. One is an incubator, the other is a very mature piece of code. They don't have the same constraints nor the same needs. Basically, it's more OK to temporarily break e4 builds than it is to break Platform.
What were the reasons for mixing Platform and e4 HIPP? (I don't consider the cost for the Foundation as an "interesting" reason)

+1 for moving the e4 and the platform build to Hudson. AFAIK the process in currently controlled by a cron job.

Moving e4 and moving Platform are very different tasks. My proposal is to start by e4, on a dedicated Hudson instance.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top