Re: [e4-dev] Feedback about E4 Tools OrionEditor

Hi Angelo,

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Angelo zerr <angelo.zerr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What about part with @Inject, MDirtyable, etc. I thought the goal of E4 is to provide new concept to replace 3.x EditorPart, ViewPart?

This can work in an Eclipse4 based application, but not in the workbench (and that's my primary target).

It's perhaps out of scope, but an important thing in an editor is the Search dialog (Ctrl+F). By using Orion you will not have this feature because you don't extend texteditor. In my case I have redevelopped this dialog and it works on the 3 contexts. It should be cool if E4 provides a Search Dialog service like (or other) which manages Search Dialog which works for 3.x texteditor but for other editor like OrionEditorControl.

I've been thinking of a way to manage or work with IMarkers as well as search ... I think there's some opportunities to hook up things there.  But that's probably out of scope for what Léo can contribute.

Later,
Paul

--
Paul Webster