Re: [e4-dev] MDialog Implementation

Beauty, this is the type of conversation we need...

My recommendation would be to first start by getting the simplest of cases working (i.e. just bring up a dialog and don't worry whether or not the buttons are defined in the model...). This should get us some idea of how the dialog interacts with the contexts which is where this is truly unexplored territory. Once that pattern becomes settled we'll be in a better position to evaluate what else needs to be done model-wise.

Eric

Inactive hide details for Wim Jongman ---01/21/2014 03:03:34 AM---(move to a separate thread) I have made a first attempt to imWim Jongman ---01/21/2014 03:03:34 AM---(move to a separate thread) I have made a first attempt to implement MDialog [1]. It is hooked to th

Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>

01/21/2014 03:03 AM

[e4-dev] MDialog Implementation

    Sent by:

e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

(move to a separate thread)

I have made a first attempt to implement MDialog [1]. It is hooked to the "Open" command.

I Defined a MDialog with visible=false, toberendered=false and a Part as control (called DialogPart).
The part implements the JFace Dialog class and I have made a small impl in the createDialogArea
The @postconstruct is hooked to the open() method

Then in the openhandler I lookup the MDialog from the model and flip toberendered "on" to open the dialog and then "off" after the dialog returns.

Please clone the repo and take a look to get some inspiration on how this can be improved

[1] https://github.com/E4Examples/mdialog01

Cheers,

e4-dev mailing list
e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx