Re: [e4-dev] [Proposal] Locale switching

Ok I see. So for the feature I think I got it.

"Yes the whole point about this is that not only stuff on MUILabled needs
to allow localization!"

So should MUILabel extend MLocalizeable or should they be separated. Both are interfaces, so MUILabel extends MLocalizeable would be possible. But should it be that way or should the model element specify if it is a localizeable label?

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03.12.13 21:41, Dirk Fauth wrote:
> While implementing stuff as suggested some questions came to my mind.
>
> Most of them are already answered by Tom. Many thanks for being so
> patient and helpful!!!
>
> But why should we change the localize methods to features and extend the
> renderers to listen to those features? Technically a localized label is
> just a specialization of the label. And requesting the label is usually
> redirecting to request the localized label.

It's not a specialized the getLabel() method IS NOT delegating to the
localized one, how we one get the real value key e.g. in the tooling,
not to mention that XMI-Serialization would persit the real value on
shutdown instead of the key, ... .

> Wouldn't it be enough to implement the mixin interface and on locale
> changes the already bound features are updated? For example, if the
> locale is changed, notify the label of a part to be updated. As on
> notifying the label feature is asked for its value, which uses the
> localized label method.

See above you can not delegate from getLabel() to the localized one!

> For me it makes more sense to have a one to one connection between
> control and model attribute, while introducing the localizedLabel
> feature would mean to introduce a one to many relation as the label
> property of the composite would get notified on several feature changes.
> Also notifying the already existing features would reduce the amount of
> work for existing renderers.
>
> Just some questions to get a better understanding of the e4 application
> model.
>
> Another question is, should MUILabel extend the new mixin interface, so
> every MUILabel is automatically MLocalizable for example, or should they
> be separated?

Yes the whole point about this is that not only stuff on MUILabled needs
to allow localization!

Tom