Re: [e4-dev] Dynamic Eclipse 4 with Clojure language

2013/12/2 Sopot Çela <sopotcela@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Have you tried listening for the APP_STARTUP_COMPLETE event? See
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1185799/ case 1.

I have considered it, not tried yet.

So far, I have spotted in past discussions on the subject the
following possibilities:

1/ EventBroker + APP_STARTUP_COMPLETE event => when to register to the
EventBroker in the context of Eclipse the IDE? By doing it in my
current Model Processor hook ?
2/ Extend org.eclipse.ui.startup ? I have read that I am guaranteed
that when my earlyStartup() method is called the Workbench is already
totaly operational. But then how to get the MApplication instance?
Currently I'm doing
PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getService(IEclipseContext.class).get(MApplication.class).
3/ Just use asyncExec on the display. But how to get the display instance?

I'm having a hard time figuring out which is preferrable, which is
deprecated and should be avoided in Eclipse 4, etc.

Back to the top