[e4-dev] Dynamic Eclipse 4 with Clojure language

Hello,

I'm Laurent Petit, main developer of Counterclockwise, the open source Clojure Plugin for Eclipse.

Lars Vogel suggested me to post my questions here, since they are related to uncommon use of the Eclipse 4 framework.

I want to embrace Eclipse 4 Model and dynamic (runtime) development in the Counterclockwise plugin.

So I'm currently experimenting with an interactive Clojure Console to modify the Model on the fly.
I've been successful in getting parts from the IEclipseContext, and from them creating parts via MBasicFactory, etc.

My current problem is the apparent requirement for implementing Handlers to :
- have the classes pre-compiled (as opposed to being dynamically created via in-memory bytecode generation as Clojure does). I'm thinking this because of the required "class URI".
- use @Execute annotation instead of implementing an interface.

Do you have any guidance to provide me to be able to work around this?

Thanks in advance,

--
Laurent Petit

Back to the top