Re: [e4-dev] Mandatory Gerrit usage for the e4 project?

you have to wait for somebody to review your changes.
A committer does not have to wait for others to review their code. You can review your own code.

+1 to make it a judgment call for the individual committer (people over
process)

The people over process argument is often used to prevent changes (i'm not saying that you use it in this context btw ;)

> It's just crazy to be forced to go via Gerrit if one wants to e.g. quickly fix a typo or a simple warning in the code

These kind of changes are often needed because people do not take the time to review their commits. Gerrit will help us with this.

Cheers,

Wim

Meskimen's law
"there is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over"