Re: [e4-dev] Model changes for 4.4 M4

I've created a bug to track the dialog/wizard work:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/421462

Paul

From:        Eric Moffatt/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Date:        11/11/2013 10:32 AM
Subject:        Re: [e4-dev] Model changes for 4.4 M4
Sent by:        e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Lars, We're pushing on this early so that we can provide the model elements in time for them to get some 'real' use. The expectation is that we would provide the simple skeletons and then review the model based on feedback from people who have *concrete* use cases based on their scenarios. I can only encourage the people asking for this extension to please *use it* and provide feedback...

I expect to see some rather creative mechanisms come up...;-). Once we have some concrete examples we will be in a much better position to decide what else is necessary.

Note that if we don't receive any feedback we'll presume that these elements aren't really necessary right now and remove them...use them or lose them !

Onwards,
Eric

Inactive hide details for Lars Vogel ---11/09/2013 04:07:44 AM---Am 08.11.2013 14:48 schrieb "Paul Elder" <pelder@xxxxxxxxxx>: Lars Vogel ---11/09/2013 04:07:44 AM---Am 08.11.2013 14:48 schrieb "Paul Elder" <pelder@xxxxxxxxxx>: >

Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx>

11/09/2013 04:07 AM

Re: [e4-dev] Model changes for 4.4 M4

Sent by:

e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

pelder@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Eric Moffatt  and I are planning a number of E4 model changes for next week (M4). Our initial cut is below:
>
> * Change MCompositePart to extend MGenericTile<MPartSashContainerElement> rather than MPartSashContainer. (This is so that MCompositePart will extend only one concrete type, namely MPart. In implementing split editors/views, Eric found that the MPart/MPartSashContainer ambiguity caused some problems.)
> * Deprecate MInputPart and MInput.
>      * Question: Is there need for an 'inputSpec' attribute on MPart? (A replacement for MInput's inputURI attribute.)

+1, this would help for simple editor input scenarios.

> * Create MWizard and MDialog classes (that extend MWindow), and add corresponding collection attributes on MApplication
>      * Question
>           * Is there need for new attributes on these classes?
>           * Is there need for MWizardPage, too? (It seems to me that MWizard's 'children' being mapped to the wizard's pages is sufficient.)

Would be nice to see a prototype how the new model elements would be use. I assume we would have modelService.show(dialog, modular) or something like that?_______________________________________________
e4-dev mailing list
e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

e4-dev mailing list
e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx