Re: [e4-dev] Orion CSS preference editor

> From: Angelo zerr <angelo.zerr@xxxxxxxxx>
> I agree with you. In my case I'm using Chrome. But the problem is
> the use of SWT Browser in Windows context which have only IE8 which
> is installed (like me).

> The default SWT Browser with Windows is IE, and you have not the
> choice to use other SWT Browser except if you configure XULRunner to
> use Mozilla.

> I think the E4 CSS editor should working in any case with any OS and
> any (default) Browser. I'm not sure it's a good idea to tell to the
> user that it can not edit CSS file because it has installed IE8.

You're right, in the context of a desktop-based tool where it may not even be clear to the user what browser is being used or how to change it, this is a bit more difficult to argue. In this case I think we should aim for basic editing functionality to work, but with degraded functionality if necessary. I guess we need to dig into the details of what is not working on IE8 today and how difficult it is to address.

John

Back to the top