Re: [e4-dev] What about E4 Editor?

Good one! It would make sense for the annotation processor the go down the class structure. Why not?

Regards,

Wim

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No stake in the particular topic in question, but I do want to clarify the statement regarding annotations…

> the problem is that annotations are not inherited

Java semantics on annotation inheritance are only relevant when it comes to describing semantics of the built-in lookup methods, such as Class.getAnnotation(). There is nothing stopping a framework that processes the annotation from implementing its own semantics and in fact many frameworks do just that. All you need to do is traverse the type hierarchy, collect the relevant annotations and apply your own rules on shadowing and merging, depending on what’s appropriate for the annotation in question.

Thanks,

- Konstantin