Re: [e4-dev] What about E4 Editor?

Hi Angelo,

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Dirty and focus is handled via the application model.

Best regards, Lars

2013/9/6 Angelo zerr <angelo.zerr@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi E4 Team,

I know this topic comes from every time, but I would like to know what is the sate of E4 Editor.
My project CodeMirror-Eclipse provides Eclipse 3.x EditorPart, but I would like to provide too Eclipse 4.x Editor.

I would like to avoid developping my own Pojo class like ModelEditor. E4 provides the capability to manage your editor with Pojo, it's a great feature, but IMHO I think E4 should provide an abstract class for editor like EditorPart which manages dirty, focus, after that E4 could provide TextEditor class and a lot of project (JDT Java editor, WTP XML editor, etc) could migrate to a pure E4 code (but I don't know if it's the goal of E4 to remove 3.x EditorPart, View in the future?).

Many thank's for your help.

Regards Angelo