[e4-dev] IPartListener - really once more Listeners?

Hi,

First of all I'm not sure why we are using Listeners here once more
instead of sending out the information through our EventBroker because
this once more traps our users into listener leaks.

My wild guess is that the listener pattern is used to scope the
modifications to the MWindow which is the only reason I can see for
this, right (not sure what happens if a Part is moved between 2 windows!)?

Anyways now that we have declared it API we can not modify it any more
but what I'd like to suggest to at least get away with the listener
leaks when used in MParts is that we create EPartService instances on a
Context-Level and do the registration of the listeners there (everything
else is delegated on the PartServiceImpl living above it) so that we can
dispose and clean up the listeners when the context goes away (this
should be done in the current implementation living on the windowContext
as well when a window is closed!)

Thoughts?

Tom

Back to the top