Re: [e4-dev] Move wrapper classes to platform?

Hi,

Lars is right I wrote them ;-) and they are used without problems by the model editor since their inception.

I think they are fairly done. There was a bug report from Jonas on some disposing or selection stuff which is not 100% ok. He had a patch i revoked because it would have destoryed the active context.

Like other things in e4.tools I'm not actively maintaining them anymore because my focus has shifted away a bit but I'm always available to answer questions and take a glance at patches (like I just did with Dirk and broke the build the today/yesterday :-)

Their original ident was to make the model editor run in *3.x* (which it still does?) maybe this support should be removed when moved to eclipse 4 proper?

I'm with Lars, don't make them API but give them more visibility!

BTW: There are many hidden secrets - I came up while doing the tooling dev - in the e4.tools repo like this (refcount resource management, cool new i18n support). Unless those get part of Eclipse Platform I plan to move them to e(fx)clipse and move on there (not everything there is tied to JavaFX)

Tom