Re: [e4-dev] Eclipse 4 talks and tutorials at EclipseCon

Marc Teufel wrote on 11/15/2012 11:28:50 AM:
> In general it's hard for "end users" like me who are not committers
> to dive deeper into the community or get familiar in how to start as
> a committer because there is nearly no information about how to do
> it. No help. There are no mentors,  there is nothing. And if you want to

> spread the word on EclipsCon you have to pay everything yourself...

Asking on this list is a great place to start. Committers are actively communicating through the mailing lists, forums, bugzilla discussions, IRC, and bi-weekly phone calls. There is lots of information available on the wiki to get you started as well. Here is a great entry point to get you started:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/How_to_Contribute

As for EclipseCon I don't know what to say. There are roughly 130 sessions at EclipseCon, if all the travel expenses of those speakers were paid it would need to be very expensive for other attendees to balance that out. I think the trend in open source conferences is towards lower admission fees so I wouldn't hold out hope for that changing. The Eclipse community does have quite a few smaller local events that may be closer to home for you.

John

Back to the top