Re: [e4-dev] Annotations vs Events and when should we extend them ?

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]

> I'm not yet for or against this particular approach (invoke(*) instead
> of events) but I don't see the difference between using annotations for
> the lifecycle vs annotations with values.  ex: @AboutToShow vs
> @Lifecycle(IWorkbenchConstants.ABOUT_TO_SHOW) except adding extra code
> to the invoke(*) processing.
>
> I'd still go with general annotations.  We could define @Lifecycle and
> have the lifecycle annotations like @AboutToShow extend @Lifecycle
> (allowing them to be found more easily).

Annotation don't support inheritance!

OK, that kills the extend idea, but doesn't change my initial statement.  I'm against adding a second layer of complexity to the annotation processing we have when it doesn't seem any better to me.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR