Re: [e4-dev] Annotations vs Events and when should we extend them ?

[...]

> I'm not yet for or against this particular approach (invoke(*) instead
> of events) but I don't see the difference between using annotations for
> the lifecycle vs annotations with values.  ex: @AboutToShow vs
> @Lifecycle(IWorkbenchConstants.ABOUT_TO_SHOW) except adding extra code
> to the invoke(*) processing.
>
> I'd still go with general annotations.  We could define @Lifecycle and
> have the lifecycle annotations like @AboutToShow extend @Lifecycle
> (allowing them to be found more easily).

Annotation don't support inheritance!

Tom

tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top