Re: [e4-dev] Proposed policy change for bug closing

+1 for the link instead of the commit hash.

Szymon

From:	Eric Moffatt <emoffatt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:	2012-09-25 16:01
Subject:	Re: [e4-dev] Proposed policy change for bug closing
Sent by:	e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

+1 I currently just use the commit hash but I also do what John does by
checking on the web. Also I find that if the link is there I'm far more
likely to take a look.

Eric

 From:      John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

 Date:      09/25/2012 09:09 AM

 Subject:   Re: [e4-dev] Proposed policy change for bug closing

 Sent by:   e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

+1. Another benefit is that it helps you verify that the fix actually went
into the branch you expected. I always go to git.eclipse.org after I push
changes to verify that I committed to the right branch, remembered to push
to the right remote, etc. If you include the link instead of just the
commit hash it makes it easier for others to review your changes (or
yourself, when you forget 6 months later what you did ;).

John

 Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx>
 Sent by:
 e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                              E4 Project developer mailing
 09/25/2012 07:11 AM                          list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

          Please respond to                                        Subject
  E4 Project developer mailing list           [e4-dev] Proposed policy
        <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  change for bug closing

Hello,

There is some discussion how to lower the entry barrier for new people.

I would like to suggest that we add to our policy that we add the URL
to the Git commit if we fix a bug. I personally find it really
interesting to see how a fix was done. And I think others can learn
from these references too.

Example:

Pushed to master with commit
http://git.eclipse.org/c/e4/org.eclipse.e4.tools.git/commit/?id=23bd251e062fed2af211a66ad478df2c4ed6c1db