Re: [e4-dev] (My) Working areas for 4.3

> The other solution is to write an SWT port which use JavaFX as the
> rendering technology which is also a big task.

I asked Steve Northover (who is working JavaFX now) about this at one point. He seemed to think it was doable.

I'd guess one person for six months would get you an initial port, and then another year or so of tuning/tweaking to make it real.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for Tom Schindl ---08/06/2012 09:03:24 AM---That's exactly what e(fx)clipse does. It uses JavaFX all overTom Schindl ---08/06/2012 09:03:24 AM---That's exactly what e(fx)clipse does. It uses JavaFX all over while this is a good approach for RCP-

From: Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 08/06/2012 09:03 AM
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] (My) Working areas for 4.3
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

That's exactly what e(fx)clipse does. It uses JavaFX all over while this
is a good approach for RCP-Applications it is not practical for the
Eclipse IDE because you'd have to rewrite all and everything which is a
very very huge task.

The other solution is to write an SWT port which use JavaFX as the
rendering technology which is also a big task.

Tom