Re: [e4-dev] (My) working areas for 4.3: Generic Rendering Framework for both SWT and JavaFX 2.x Engines

[...]
> Tom Schindl wrote:
>> Prio 1:
>> -------
>> * Native Editor Support in EAP
>> * JavaFX2 rendering engine (not part of e4 project but my own
>> e(fx)clipse project)
>
> My JavaFX rendering engine is based on Tom's e(fx)clipse infrastructure. Tom, what do you think about combining our efforts regarding a JavaFX based rendering engine?

I agree with you that it makes sense to have a generic rendering
infrastructure of some kind but I'm not yet sure now is the right point.
The reason is that before I've not implemented an ideal fx-renderer I'm
having trouble to see what is general and what is not, where to draw the
line, ... .

I'm not even sure the current (=Erics) way of rendering is the right one
so my renderer approach is fairly different to the one of Eric. I'm not
yet sure if my route is the correct one but that's what I mean with I'm
not yet ready for a generic approach.

I expect that my new rendering engine is ready by the end of August /
early September.

Tom

tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top