[e4-dev] Preferences page

Hello,

We are currently working on an E4 application which must include a Preferences page. We have seen that the EPreferences project has been developed to provide an API for managing the preferences but it seems that no existing project aims at managing the graphical part.

We would like to integrate the Eclipse community and contribute to the Eclipse e4 project by developing a generic Preferences page, similar to the Eclipse 3.x one. If it isn't possible, we will have to develop our own graphical page, which could be moved if a standard one is developed in the future. Our main idea is to base on the EPreferences project and to extend the EMF model to provide a Preferences object which could be use by any application.

We invite everyone to bring comments on this. We hope to begin a discussion that will enable us to clarify the functionality that would be beneficial to the Eclipse e4 project.

Best regards,
Anthony Couraud

Back to the top