Re: [e4-dev] How to add Search Dialog to e4 Application

Hello,

On a different note, you may want to try out the Search Console on e4 update site. Although it is an incubating component, we manage to keep it pretty stable. I believe the extensibility is better compared to org.eclipse.search. Also, the user experience is quite different, but you may find out it suits your needs better?

The documentation for the framework is unfortunately scarce for the moment, but there is an example search contributor to get you started, and a developer overview / conrtibution guide.

You can look into the following links:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Search_Console
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=180106

Also, in case you decide to use the framework and have questions, you can always write on this mailing list, we will be happy to reply.

Best Regards, Dimitar