[e4-dev] How to add Search Dialog to e4 Application

Hello,

I am currently working on an e4 application. I would like to provide the search dialog (like the one in Eclipse SDK) with different search tabs. I've created one (public class MerchantsSearchPage extends DialogPage implements ISearchPage) , implemented the inherited abstract methods and added in the plugin.xml an extension to extension point org.eclipse.search.searchPages. If I start an eclipse instance with my plugin, the new search tab appears. Fine. Now I want to have the search dialog box to appear in my own rcp app, but have no idea how to do that in my application.e4xmi. Already added a command org.eclipse.search.ui.openSearchDialog, but my meny entry appears as not available... CommandServiceAddon is registered.

Does someone have a hint for me?

Many thanks in advance!

Stefan Wiese

Back to the top