Re: [e4-dev] More 4.1 RC1 Questions

Hi Paul,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 7:57 AM, Paul F Fraser <paulf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Starting with a clean install of RC1, using the advice provided by  Nitin Dahyabhai in an earlier email, I have successfully installed WTP as the first addition to the clean install (Ubuntu 9.04)

But what plugins do I have to install for E4 and EMF (for RCP development) and from which site(s) to avoid dependency and redundancy problems?

Once you have 4.1 RC1, you want to install from e4 0.11 RC1

http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11RC1-201105161455/repository

Normally you would install EMF SDK from indigo as Tom mentions, but for the next 2 days we're in a state where Indigo hasn't declared RC1, and so the update site is still M7.

Here's what I would use to install all of our features into 4.1 RC1 until Indigo RC1 is declared:

eclipse/eclipse \
-application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director \
-noSplash \
-repository \
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1RC1-201105161455/repository,\
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11RC1-201105161455/repository,\
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/staging \
-installIUs \
org.eclipse.emf.sdk.feature.group,\
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.source.feature.feature.group,\
org.eclipse.e4.ui.source.feature.feature.group,\
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.feature.feature.group,\
org.eclipse.e4.ui.feature.feature.group,\
org.eclipse.e4.core.tools.feature.feature.group,\

If you enter the update sites  through the UI, you would need to disable the I build repos and indigo temporarily.

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR

Back to the top