Re: [e4-dev] N&N from the 4.1 M6 ModelTooling

I'm not sure what to do with this. We haven't been doing New & Noteworthy for e4 during the 0.11 release cycle so far (4.1 is separate from e4). It would be a bit strange to create one now with just this one item - what's going on with other e4 work areas such as XWT? Maybe a blog post is a good place to send this update?

This is really cool tooling and we should talk at some point about the long term plan for it. For example, migrating it into PDE for 4.2 seems like a logical place.

John

Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

03/11/2011 03:19 AM

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
N&N from the 4.1 M6 ModelTooling

Hi John or whoever collects the N&N for e4 M6,

Attached you find the N&N from Model tooling including some screenshots.
If you feel there are too many pictures in it feel free to remove them ;-)

The most segnificant additions are made for runtime inspection
(contribution instance inspection, widget tree inspection, control
finder), NLS-Support and Scripting Support to interface with running