From: Anton Stoychev <antitoxic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/15/2011 02:40 AM
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] RFC: IDE GUI, alternative development workflow
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Eric, I read about it (still am). I can't figure out: is it only for
Java? Yes I want something like this but to be portable (web-based)
and not language specific. Not only to do DB logic or MVC logic or
simple function level logic (as Microsoft Robotics VPL
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb483088.aspx ) but all of it.

Boris, it does not discourage me. I've recieved a lot of negative
feedback but I'm also talking to people like Jonathan Edwards from MIT
who is developing Subtext (
http://www.subtextual.org/) The problem of
complex wiring (the case where wires are everywhere and you can't
clearly follow it) is that there is no context and there's a lot
visible at one time which makes an untidy workspace. A mapping of
relevant tasks can help the computer to hide irrelevant things when
you are at certain point.

Also this interface is not close to final. I guess that if a designer
(not software engineer) works on this problem eventually there will be
a good solution. All the ergonomics and HCI point that visual work
environment is the best scenario.

By GitHub do you mean my own repository or to become contributor to a
specific eclipse related account?

All the best,
Anton Stoychev,
Internet Engineer