Re: [e4-dev] Some small Translation Questions

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Thomas Kratz <eiswind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It uses the same text constant as 3.6 did, and by debugging I found
> that at initialization of the action, the translation from the
> fragment is picked up correctly.
>
> But still it shows up with the english text "Preferences" in the menu.
> Can anyone tell where this String comes from ?

This is quite interesting. Can you please open a bug about this when
Bugzilla is back up with some reproduction steps? Do I just get a
fragment from the Babel project or something? Thanks.

> And second question: Can you give me a pointer to the Strings For the
> Perspective Switcher ?
> I found the editor context menu in ...renderers.swt but I'm still
> missing the Switcher context menu Strings.

I think you want the
org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.perspectiveswitcher.PerspectiveSwitcher
class located in the org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt bundle?

Although it doesn't look like we have these strings externalized yet.

> createItem.setToolTipText("Open Perspective"); //$NON-NLS-1$

> showtextMenuItem.setText("&Show Text");

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. And again, sorry for the
delay in getting back to you.

Regards,
Remy

Back to the top