Re: [e4-dev] Working with modeled UI and HEAD

Hi,

Am 30.11.10 16:30, schrieb Eric Moffatt:

> I agree, the 'best practice' for addons should be that the same bundle
> that contains the code for the addon should also contain either a
> fragment or processor that 'installs' the addon into whatever base model
> it's applied to (I think it's Lars or Tom that came up with this one but
> I like it...;-).

I think Brian is the one.

> That way somebody that wants the MinMax addon could simply declare it as
> a required plugin and immediately see the effect. Note that the MinMax
> addon in its current state could also have the 'Cleanup' addon as a
> required bundle. It would be better if the requirement wasn't quite that
> tight so we could allow folks to use the MinMax addon and supply their
> own Cleanup addon but then folks wanting the MinMax would have to 'know'
> that they also need something to manage stacks going empty...

Well this would mean that every addon has to be in itsown bundle but
from my PoV this is fine.

Probably one more note on the current addon-bundle. It has breaking
dependency on "org.eclipse.ui" which has to be fixed anyways!

Tom
tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top