Re: [e4-dev] Start e4 RCP several times fails

I can't comment on whether this is known or expected, but a possible work-around would be to define the property
"osgi.locking=none"

-Andrew

From: Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/11/2010 06:24 AM
Subject: [e4-dev] Start e4 RCP several times fails
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

in Eclipse 3.X I could start an RCP application several times. I like that because I could have an "old" version and  the "new" version running side by side. If I try to do this in e4 I get "Could not launch the application  because the associated workspace is currently in use by another Eclipse instance."

The same restriction applies for an exported product which I think is really bad.

Is this a known issue and if there a workaround?

Best regards, Lars

--
Lars

http://www.vogella.de - Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programming