Re: [e4-dev] JS4EMF and e4

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Hallvard Trætteberg <hal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have not decided how to transition from e4 to js4emf, yet. One
> possibility is moving the code first, and then clean it up while keeping e4
> updated. The second option is to clean it up first, use the cleaned up code
> as the initial code, and later re-integrate it into e4. If there are other
> options, or good reasons for choosing one over the other, we'd like to hear
> about it.

I would suggest:

1) we freeze what's in e4.

2) take that and clean it up, rename packages, bundles,etc.  But don't
add functionality, just set out the new structure, build it, etc.

3) make #2 your initial commit to js4EMF.

4) then you can start shaping it towards what you feel it's initial
state should be.

We can re-integrate what need in e4 later.

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR

Back to the top