[e4-dev] JS4EMF and e4

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that JS4EMF - Javascript for EMF has been created. The objective of this component is to integrate Javascript with every part of EMF where it is useful. The initial code is currently part of e4 (I think it's only used by TM), but it will require some refactoring (plugin and package naming) and some API cleanup. We will likely be merging in code from EMFScript, too.

We have not decided how to transition from e4 to js4emf, yet. One possibility is moving the code first, and then clean it up while keeping e4 updated. The second option is to clean it up first, use the cleaned up code as the initial code, and later re-integrate it into e4. If there are other options, or good reasons for choosing one over the other, we'd like to hear about it.

Although the web page hasn't been fixed yet, bugzilla (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;component=Core;classification=Modeling;product=EMFT.js4emf) is available as well as a dev list js4emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, so please provide any feedback, like addition use cases that we could support.

Best regards,

Hallvard Trætteberg

Back to the top