Re: [e4-dev] OSGi, Contexts and DI

Am 27.10.2010 14:55, schrieb Simon Chemouil:
> In any case, it's obvious it's gonna be a bit difficult to have the full
> scope of DS while still keeping same annotations and approach as E4's
> DI. I believe the goal should be to cover those main usages and if
> someone wants something special, they can get the BundleContext injected.

I agree. E4 DI should try to cover *all* DS use cases. I just thought
that the Iterable<> approach would be nice too have. :)

However, there is one thing that DI supports but that the e4 context
doesn't. It's multiple versions of a service. That might not be very
common for an e4 based desktop app but it's an interesting use case for
e4 based server apps. Currently, I started to write my own "context"
around DI in order to support this. On the other hand, my "context" is a
bit more easier in terms of life-cycle. Thus, it really isn't a full
alternative to an e4 context. But there are some elements that look like
a common ground for e4 DI based contexts, though.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx