Re: [e4-dev] CSS Editor & Contact Demo

Hi Tom,

Thank a lot for your answer. I believe that myy idea about CSS Editor
is not the same than you. Indead my CSS Editor idea is to manage CSS
stylesheet for an UI instance (and not for a metadata UI). Imagine you
have an UI instance with SWT Text with an id 'MyId'. The
autocompletion will show Text[@id='MyId'].

To retrieve the CSS properties supported by SWT Text, the CSS editor
will use the CSS Engine instance (So the CSS engien must support this
features). The CSS Editor will manage an instance of CSSEngine as
model and not an EMF model. IHMO I think it will be very helpfull to
have autocmpletion with ID, properties of Widget for an UI instance.
Imagine you have the Eclipse IDE, it's very difficult to know the ID
for each widget. If you have CSS Editor wich show autocmpletion with
the IDs widgets which compose the Eclipse IDE, I think it can be very
helpfull to write CSS stylessheets. More user could see the result of
the apply styles as soon as the user type some content styles.

Hope you will understand my explanation and the idea will please you.

Angelo