[e4-dev] Let's clean up the list of open bugs

As I mentioned on the e4 call, we have now over 700 open defects. The proposition is to spend some time during Release Candidate testing days on cleaning up that backlog.

To organize this I'd like to add people names into the "QA Contact" field. That should result in 50 - 100 bugs per person - something that we have a chance to clean up during the upcoming RC0/1/2/3 testing days.

The goal here is to:

        - close all non-reproducible and no longer valid defects; all enhancement requests that nobody plans to work on

        - recover bugs that need to be done for 1.0, set proper milestones (RC1 or RC2 for bugs, RC3 for docs)

After you have looked at a bug please move it from "NEW" to "Assigned" state to avoid duplication of efforts.

I plan to add names in the following fashion:

Bogdan        [CSS]
Boris                [OpenSocial], _javascript_ and browser, high-level plan decisions
Eric                [UI], model
John                resources
Oleg                [DI], [contexts], all headless frameworks, dynamic behavior, debug
Paul                [releng], [Compatibility]. menus
Prakash        NPEs, Mac-specific issues
Remy                [Compatibility], tests, model reconciler
Tom                 model editor
Yves                Visual Design Editor, XWT

Any suggestions / objections / ideas? I plan to set "QA Contacts" tomorrow (Friday, June 18th).

Sincerely,
Oleg Besedin

Back to the top