Re: [e4-dev] Does that mean SWT only exist in desktop ?

Am 12.02.10 01:45, schrieb Ivan Ooi:
> Thanks Tom, QxWT looks great. Does it leverage SWT skills ? :-P
>
> But the table widget looks a bit slow if compare to SmartGWT...

It depends on to which of the SmartGWT-Tables you compare it. I guess
you refer to the big table example which is a table with 50 Columns and
1000 rows. Please also use the latest demo stuff [1] whch performce a
bit better.

For medium sized tables and paged ones (I already wrote one for myself)
the speed is completely the same than it is for SmartGWT with the
advantage IMHO that QxWT doesn't force you into any store, ... stuff but
gives you a plain widget.

When it comes to leverage SWT skills - I have to disappoint you at the
moment but writing an SWT-Adapter ontop of this is not really hard (if
you can live with the inconveniences I already told you).

For structured controls at least there is an not finished viewer
implementation available form UFaceKit [2].

Tom

[1]http://www.ufacekit.org/qxwt/demos/QxDemo-dev/QxDemo.html
[2]https://svn.tomsondev.com/svn/ufacekit/qx/

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top