Re: [e4-dev] modernizing the workbench visual design and remaining a good platform citizen

On Dec 7, 2009, at 17:23 , Susan Franklin McCourt wrote:

Hi, Lars.
In theory it's related to our work, but in practice that is a lot of design work (and different design skills, different resources, etc).

So we have no plan to revisit the icons given our resource constraints.
We'd welcome contributions, obviously!
We are looking at ways to declutter, fade, or remove icons. (For example, do view tabs always need icons?)

susan

This might be slightly off-topic: I've never liked how Eclipse minimizes (view) folders. Minimizing turns it into a vertical bar with just icons. When I minimize, it always takes me a while to find out where the folder went. I would prefer such a folder to minimize to just the row of tabs (that is, the content panes disappear, the tabs stay). Not as space-saving, but less confusing (for me, at least ;-)

--
Axel.Rauschmayer@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.pst.ifi.lmu.de/~rauschma/

Back to the top