Re: [e4-dev] How should clients be expected to dispose of IEclipseContext instances?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Remy Suen <remysuen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How would we achieve this (internally in our standard EclipseContext
> implementation)? A parent context has no down-pointers. Well, it might have
> one if it queries for IServiceConstants.ACTIVE_CHILD I suppose.

We might not be currently set up to support this.  We need to decide
if the behaviour makes sense and then make it happen.

Right now, a child context points to its parent, but disposing the
parent won't change that pointer.  Maybe if part of "setting the
parent" involved listening for the DISPOSE event from its parent, so
it knows it can be disposed.

PW

--
Paul Webster