Re: [e4-dev] How should clients be expected to dispose of IEclipseContext instances?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't think we've spelled out behaviour for this yet, but I would
> expect if you dispose context B, context C, D, and E are also disposed
> (maybe children first, then parent).  If someone actually wanted to
> save C,D,E they would re-parent them before disposing their parent.

How would we achieve this (internally in our standard EclipseContext implementation)? A parent context has no down-pointers. Well, it might have one if it queries for IServiceConstants.ACTIVE_CHILD I suppose.

Remy

Remy Suen
Eclipse Platform/UI Committer, Rational Team Concert Developer
IBM Ottawa
613-356-5162

Back to the top