Re: [e4-dev] Lessons from Vista

Interesting reading. Thanks, Mike.

I agree that we need to make it crystal clear why people should care about e4. I know our team sees this, but we do need to do more to make that visible to the whole community.

Now if only we had as many developers as Vista had...

McQ.

Inactive hide details for "Mike Milinkovich" ---2009/09/14 09:41:57---All,"Mike Milinkovich" ---2009/09/14 09:41:57---All,

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

2009/09/14 09:41

[e4-dev] Lessons from Vista

All,

I came across this interesting blog post which discusses some of the
mistakes made and lessons learned from Windows Vista...many of which likely
apply to e4.

The lesson which resonated most with me was the first one: "Make sure the
product has clear user benefits...". As developers, we always spend a lot of
time talking about features and technology. But for e4 to be successful, I
believe we need to talk more about the benefits that users and adopters will
gain.

Enjoy!

[1]
http://blogs.forrester.com/consumer_product_strategy/2009/09/lessons-from-th