Re: [e4-dev] e4, conventions, OSGi, ... - We need to set up rules

>> 4. Import Package vs Require Bundle
>
> I'm not sure if we will (or need to) reach consensus on this. I think a
> useful starting rule is to only use Import Package if the package is
> versioned. Whether you design an API to be consumed/implemented at
> package or bundle granularity may depend on which e4 component you're
> working on.

This rule makes sense and we should at least import all *osgi* stuff
with import package because I guess they are versioning all of their
packages.

>> 5. Compiler Settings, Formatting + JavaDoc
>> * I think we should provide prefernces people can import into their
>>   workspace to setup the formats, ...
>
> Even better is to check the project-level settings into CVS. It's a bit
> more work to keep them updated, but the most reliable way to ensure they
> are followed consistently. People may have a variety of different
> projects in their workspace that want to use different conventions so
> workspace-level settings don't always help.

But if I create a new bundle I need to know those convention and so we
should document them somewhere or do you suggest we copy them over from
one of the exisiting bundles

Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top