[e4-dev] [releng] Important e4 dates and versions

We need to decide on a version and milestones for our next release, at
least as much as we need 1) bugzilla milestones, 2) test weeks, and 3)
bundle version numbers

As some of the tools need to consume Helios +1 and +2 components, I
propose staggering our milestones between the Eclipse Project (from
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=eclipse ):
M2	09/18/2009	3.6M2
M3	10/30/2009	3.6M3
M4	12/11/2009	3.6M4
M5	01/29/2010	3.6M5
M6	03/12/2010	3.6M6 (API Freeze)
M7	04/30/2010	3.6M7 (Feature Freeze)

So our e4 milestones would be:
M1  10/09/2009
M2  11/20/2009
M3  01/08/2010
M4  02/19/2010
M5  04/02/2010
M6  05/21/2010
... some kind of end-game plan

For our e4 version number that we are releasing, I would suggest we go
with 1.0 (so our bugzilla milestones will be 1.0 M1, 1.0 M2, etc).
This e4 release is the core of the Eclipse 4.0 release.

For bundle version numbers, http://wiki.eclipse.org/Version_Numbering
applies.  We're all at 0.9.0.  I suggest that we follow the versioning
scheme:
0.9.1 code changes in the bundle
0.10.0 adding API or firming up API as per the standard Eclipse API contract

As we decide which bundles will graduate into Eclipse 4.0 we should
vet their API and then increment them to 1.0.0

Please post questions and comments here, as I'd like to get stuff into
bugzilla middle of next week.

Later,
Paul Webster

--