Re: [e4-dev] how to contribute to toolkit model ?

>> Please don't put everything together. We do need a modeling UI
>> solution.
>> PMF addresses this issue.
>

> sorry Yves... my english is poor and probably i'm not clear enough.
>
> PMF does not fit in the declarative UI stuff.
>
> i've read the draft proposal and it stay on top of it. It serve to
> design the "application logic" and the high level UI presentation. is
> it correct ?
>
> i , as developer, need  a way to tell "hey i want a button there, a
> label there, and an image 10px on the right" in an WYSISYG editor.

It is the role of tools. The XWT editor provides already XML edit or tree
editor like as EMF editor with instant preview. This editor has proven the
possibility to develop an WYSISYG editor.

> at runtime i would like to access the model of the UI in an easy way
> and be able to modify it reflecting the changes to the ui.

It is the purpose of SWT/JFace.

> XWT does it.
>
> TM will do the same.
>
> i would prefer to be able to use an already known way (EMF) to access
> the model at runtime instead of using a new API  (XWT).

Using Java bean. VE uses this concept and it is Java standard.

best regards
Yves YANG