Re: [e4-dev] e4 0.9 readme

John Arthorne schrieb:
> so including information about running the demos is a good idea.

Ok, I give it a try. Here are my experiences. With answers that would be
close to a readme.

* XWT: I found the XWT perspective that is shown in the screencast at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/XWT/Running_the_demos And I also found the
New UI element wizard shown in the video. It took me half an hour to
reproduce the sample project from the video but in the end it I could
get it to work by using a snippet from
http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/DeclarativeUI/XWT for gettting a shell and
running the event loop. Then the window shows up. That's the only thing
I got to work. I had a hard time setting up the transitive dependencies
for XWT.

* How can I run the JavaScript example?
http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/JavaScript I guess the code is included in
the SDK and I would not have to check it out from CVS? Yes, found it.
How can I create a JS bundle? Seems there is no wizard for it. Then I
create a regular bundle and drop in the JSON manifest. Replace the
MANIFEST.MF, uh, better not. Use the JavaScript-Bundle:
scripts/bundle.json header? But then I'd have two manifests!? I'm not
even getting to the extension registry and servlet examples. Help!

* SWT/BE: I'd like to run the Dojo demo but don't know even where to
start. I also noticed that the Dojo version is 1.1.0 from March 2008.
Pretty dated. Is there still work going on?

* How can I run the Bespin server? Help!

* The download pages lists a lot of dependencies.
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.9M5-200907101930/index.html
Can't p2 figure out for me where to get those from?

Frank.

Back to the top