Re: [e4-dev] Cant't compile current e4 trunk

Hi Tom,

I realized working with the fragment was a pain but I didn't know this about 64 bit, ugh.

My suggestions were genuine though, if people believe there's another route we should take.

Regards,
Kevin

Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/16/2009 11:01 AM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
Re: [e4-dev] Cant't compile current e4 trunk

Hi Kevin,

The problem with your fragment is that setting up SWT for a 64 bit
system is a bit more work than simply checking out from CVS.

It involves the conversion of all Java-Files from int to long. I
couldn't find a way to make this work smoothly without some custom
interaction with the sources:

a) Check out org.eclipse.swt
b) Rename .classpath_cocoa to .classpath
c) Check out org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx.x86_64
d) Run build.xml in x86_64
e) Copy the transformed *.java back to org.eclipse.swt

Without doing steps d) and e) you get a the error message from Java that
you are trying to load 32bit libs into a 64bit vm although the libs you
are trying to load are in reality the x86_64 that int's on the Java-Side
provide get you into trouble.

Tom