Re: [e4-dev] Not your parent's tabs

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Kevin McGuire<Kevin_McGuire@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The classes themselves can be found in org.eclipse.e4.ui.widgets.fragment,
> which for subclassing visibility reasons needed to be a fragement off
> org.eclipse.swt.  I don't think this is the right long term solution but it
> was the most expedient given time running out.

For the moment this puts us in the position where to compile e4 UI we
need to check out org.eclipse.swt (and set the .classpath correctly
for your platform) so that org.eclipse.e4.ui.widgets.fragment can
compile.  Without a compiled version of
org.eclipse.e4.ui.widgets.fragment the swt.renderer plugin will no
longer compile.

Warning, this is not for the faint of heart: Alternatively, you can
install the fragment into your target platform (and do some creative
upgrading from Preferences>Plug-in Development>Target Platform)

./eclipse -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -data
/opt/pwebster/workspaces/e4/../runtime-InstallWidget  -os linux -ws
gtk -arch x86 -nl en_US -consoleLog -flavor tooling -installIUs
org.eclipse.e4.ui.widgets.fragment -p2.os linux -p2.ws gtk -p2.arch
x86 -roaming -profile SDKProfile -repository
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/I20090707-1930/repository
-destination /opt/local/eclipse/I0611-1540/eclipse/ -bundlepool
/opt/local/eclipse/I0611-1540/eclipse/

PW

--
Paul Webster