Re: [e4-dev] CSS with Forms...

Remy, first off, you're a god :)

Forms support isn't on the roadmap, but neither is GEF yet both are obviously of value.

In the e4 "better world", I'm not sure Forms is the right approach in general and instead we should rely on our now much improved (and improving) embedded browser work and use something like XForms as the description.  Thus I'm not sure I'd want to invest in writing and maintaining CSS for forms.

Nonetheless if there's community interest in CSS for forms then I don't see why we should have the code in e4.

Nice work!
Kevin

Remy Chi Jian Suen <remy.suen@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/29/2009 06:39 PM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[e4-dev] CSS with Forms...

Hi all,

I spent a couple of hours looking through the CSS code today and after
some copy/paste work and lots of breakpoints, I've managed to get CSS
styling working for a Eclipse Forms Section.

Section:titleBar { font-weight: bold; color: #5a6570;
background-color: #e8eff6; border-color: #cbd9ea }

As you can see, I applied the same "pseudo code" that CTabFolder uses
for its 'selected' state. This is essentially identical to the code in
FormToolkit's createSection(Composite, int) method. Font is the usual
setFont(Font) business.

color = setTitleBarForeground(Color)
background-color = setTitleBarBackground(Color)
border-colorsection.setTitleBarBorderColor(Color)

Is Forms support on the current roadmap? With gradient support maybe
Forms isn't as big of a deal? I don't know. :)

Regards,
Remy