Re: [e4-dev] e4 Contacts Demo

Kai, this is very cool, great to see a new demo coming in!
I will provide you with my vcard.

Kevin

"Toedter, Kai" <kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/19/2009 05:19 AM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[e4-dev] e4 Contacts Demo

Hi All,

I just contributed my contacts demo to e4. I have created a new project org.eclipse.e4.demo.contacts in the directory e4/org.eclipse.e4.ui/examples.

The current version is pre alpha and just a starting point but I will enhance it in the following weeks. Here are my plans for the future:
- Enhance css theming support
 - provide a dark and a bright example theme
 - provide a runtime theme switcher
- Include e4 product branding (splash, progress, about, ...)
- Make extensive use of data binding
- Create more views and an editor
- Include p2 co-hosting (self-update)
- Probably model some form based UI (not sure about that)
- And, of course enhance and fix bugs in the e4 code base :)

There's quite a few more things that are interesting in an Enterprise environment, like remoting, authentication & authorization, logging & tracing and much more. But I would like to start with the above list.

Another thing I want to suggest: It would be great if the demo contacts repository would contain REAL people rather than dummies. Wouldn't it be a nice idea if e4 committers would be part of the demo repository.

So, if you want to see your vcard delivered with the demo, please send me your vcard together with a recent photo of yourself (or send me a vcard including a photo). It would also be nice if you put some information about you in the "note" field.

@Paul, I did not touch releng so far. What am I supposed to do (psf, build, etc.)

Have fun

Kai
---

Kai Tödter

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Architecture
CT SE 2
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Munich, Germany
Phone: +49 89 636-41064
Fax: +49 89 636-45450
mailto: kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx
Internet: www.siemens.com/corporate-technology

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme; Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes, Juergen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Peter Y. Solmssen, Klaus Wucherer; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322